Employee-owned and operated, Palmer-Donavin is a leader in wholesale distribution of residential building supplies and entry doors. We are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with 8 branch operations in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota.
Our Seal-Rite Door Division is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This role is a full time, salaried position reporting directly to the Production Manager. Here’s an opportunity to join a strong and stable company that has been around since 1907. Join a team where employees drive profitability and take ownership!
At Palmer-Donavin, we understand that our success depends on the success of our customers and our employees. For our customers, that means delivering quality products and exceptional customer service at fair prices. For our employees, that means sharing the profits of our company. Our recipe for success is no secret. We have thrived as a company since 1907 by sticking to our principles and being true to ourselves and our customers. We make money the old fashioned way – through hard work – where honesty, integrity, and fairness guide our daily operations.
Benefits you will enjoy in this role include:
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Quarterly Company Performance Bonus
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching
• Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Life & Disability Insurance
• Employee Discounts
• Wellness Program
• Career Stability
• Training and Development
• And Much More!
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems including motivation, work methods and customer service issues.
• Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
• Enforce existing safety rules and regulations and search for ways to improve general safety throughout the facility.
• Identify and prioritize housekeeping issues and oversee all housekeeping efforts by assigning tasks to employees as necessary.
• Assist the Production Manager with evaluating employee performance and preparing performance appraisals.
• Perform the same work duties as those whom they supervise, and/or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Prepare and maintain work records and reports that include information such as employee training and inspection results.
• Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics such as safety.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
• Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• Oversee personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, terminations and disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff; then arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
• Oversee new employee orientation and assist with training efforts including forklift certification, safety training, facility orientation, and work procedures.
• Participate in the hiring process by reviewing credentials, conducting interviews, and/or making hiring decisions.
• Inventory supplies, and requisition or purchase additional items as necessary.
• Building Trust - Demonstrates honesty and integrity; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness; strictly follows policies.
• Coaching - Clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge and levels of proficiency; provides instruction, encourages questions and helps others develop specific skills; gives timely feedback and reinforces efforts and progress
• Customer Focus - Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; considers how actions or plans will affect customers; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
• Managing Work: Time Management - Identifies and prioritizes tasks; makes preparations to ensure work can be done effectively; effectively allocates time to complete work; takes advantage of available resources to complete work efficiently; stays focused, prevents irrelevant issues from interfering with work completion
• Managing Conflict - Collects all relevant data; objectively reviews the conflict from all sides; avoids personal issues and attacks; takes action to resolve the conflict in a way that addresses the issue and dissipates conflict.
• Productivity - Maintains a strong work pace over time, exhibits intensity in completing work objectives.
• Sense of Ownership - Has a personal stake in the success or failure of the business and acts accordingly, takes pride in the work and in the company, treats company property with respect, has a drive to ensure company success.
• Work Standards - Sets high standards for self and team, ensures high quality of work, takes responsibility for outcomes and admits mistakes.
• Leading/Living the Vision and Values - Communicates the vision and values of the organization; translates them into day-to-day activities; personally models the vision and values; recognizes and rewards employees whose actions support the vision and values.