Employee-owned and operated, Palmer-Donavin is a leader in wholesale distribution of residential building supplies and entry doors. We are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with 8 branch operations in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Minnesota.
Our Cincinnati office is looking for a Kitchen Designer to join our team. This role is a full time, salaried position. Here’s an opportunity to join a strong and stable company that has been around since 1907. Join a team where employees drive profitability and take ownership!
At Palmer-Donavin, we understand that our success depends on the success of our customers and our employees. For our customers, that means delivering quality products and exceptional customer service at fair prices. For our employees, that means sharing the profits of our company. Our recipe for success is no secret. We have thrived as a company since 1907 by sticking to our principles and being true to ourselves and our customers. We make money the old fashioned way – through hard work – where honesty, integrity, and fairness guide our daily operations.
Benefits you will enjoy in this role include:
• Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function.
• Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
• Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
• Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval.
• Use 2020 design software to produce consturction document
• Responsible for purchasing inventory, maintaining adequate inventory levels and maximizing inventory turns for all assigned buy-lines.
• Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support.
• Arrange and direct delivery of products and equipment.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
• Perform administrative duties such as updating customer information, preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
• Accept, record and process payment on accounts by cash, check and credit card.
• Other duties as assigned
• Building Customer Loyalty - Establishes good customer relationships by helping customers feel valued and appreciated; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; takes the heat when necessary; takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
• Building Trust - Demonstrates honesty and integrity; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness; strictly follows policies.
• Productivity - Maintains a strong work pace over time, exhibits intensity in completing work objectives.
• Sales Ability/Persuasiveness - Seeks information to understand needs and potential benefits; develops approaches to position products based on customer needs; overcomes barriers; builds relationships; gains commitment by moving others to action.
• Sense of Ownership - Has a personal stake in the success or failure of the business and acts accordingly, takes pride in the work and in the company, treats company property with respect, has a drive to ensure company success.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skill - Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own area of specialty. This may include detailed product knowledge, knowledge of accounting principles, etc.; stays abreast of current developments and trends within the area of expertise.
• Work Standards - Sets high standards for self and team, ensures high quality of work, takes responsibility for outcomes and admits mistakes.