Seal-Rite Door, a division of Palmer-Donavin Manufacturing Company, is a leader in the fabrication of residential entryway doors. Our doors are made almost exclusively using ThermaTru products made from fiber glass or steel. Our customers are businesses such as Lowe’s, Carter Lumber, Home Depot, and many independent lumber yards. Our mission is to grow our business through innovation, performance, and integrity. How do we do that? Through motivated employee owners committed to lifelong learning and the growth of our organization.
At Seal-Rite, we are not just looking for employees; we are looking for business partners. Being 100% employee-owned and operated, everyone in the Seal-Rite family shares a commitment to ownership. As an ESOP, we offer the unique experience to work like an owner but commit to a work-life balance in keeping family a priority. Since 1907, our success has depended on the success of our customers and our employees. For our customers, that means delivering quality products and exceptional customer service at fair prices. For our employees, that means sharing the profits of our company.
Benefits you will enjoy in this role include:
• Plan work schedules and maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
• Problem solving issues such as motivation, work methods and customer service issues.
• Quality inspections of work being completed.
• Enforce and improve existing safety rules and regulations.
• Perform the same work duties as those whom they supervise, and/or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
• Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
• Oversee personnel actions such as performance review, promotions, transfers, terminations and disciplinary measures.
• Assess training needs of staff: Forklift certification, safety training, facility orientation, and work procedures.
• Participate in the hiring process by reviewing credentials, conducting interviews, and/or making hiring decisions.
• Building Trust - Demonstrates honesty and integrity; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness; strictly follows policies.
• Coaching - Clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge and levels of proficiency; provides instruction, encourages questions and helps others develop specific skills; gives timely feedback and reinforces efforts and progress
• Customer Focus - Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; considers how actions or plans will affect customers; anticipating customer needs and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
• Managing Work: Time Management - Identifies and prioritizes tasks; makes preparations to ensure work can be done effectively; effectively allocates time to complete work; takes advantage of available resources to complete work efficiently; stays focused, prevents irrelevant issues from interfering with work completion
• Managing Conflict - Collects all relevant data; objectively reviews the conflict from all sides; avoids personal issues and attacks; takes action to resolve the conflict in a way that addresses the issue and dissipates conflict.
• Productivity - Maintains a strong work pace over time, exhibits intensity in completing work objectives.
• Sense of Ownership - Has a personal stake in the success or failure of the business and acts accordingly, takes pride in the work and in the company, treats company property with respect, has a drive to ensure company success.
• Work Standards - Sets high standards for self and team, ensures high quality of work, takes responsibility for outcomes and admits mistakes.
• Leading/Living the Vision and Values - Communicates the vision and values of the organization; translates them into day-to-day activities; personally models the vision and values; recognizes and rewards employees whose actions support the vision and values.