Palmer-Donavin is a leader in the wholesale distribution of residential building supplies. Employee-owned and operated, our mission is to create value for all stakeholders through innovation, performance, and integrity. We are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with branch operations in Cincinnati, Delphos, and Masury.
Our Delphos branch is hiring a Night Shift Supervisor to oversee the loading process of material as it is prepared to be sent out to customers. Duties include the following:
• Oversee and assist in the loading of all outbound freight to ensure material is loaded quickly, accurately and safely and is secured in a manner that allows for safe transport and ease of unloading.
• Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
• Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems including motivation, work methods and customer service issues.
• Enforce existing safety rules and regulations and search for ways to improve general safety throughout the facility.
• Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
• Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
• Resolve personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
Benefits you will enjoy in the Customer Service role include:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in management
Computer Skills: This position requires general computing skills. Qualified applicants must use HR software to monitor employees and compile reports.Must use rf scanners and inventory control software to receive, stock, locate, and ship material.
Certifications & Licenses: Must be licensed to operate all industrial powered trucks on the premises.
Other Requirements: Qualified applicants must be able to use dollies, handtrucks and accessories, pallet jacks, wrapping machinery etc.