Palmer-Donavin is hiring a Day Shift Supervisor to oversee the loading process of material as it is prepared to be sent out to customers. Duties include the following:
- Oversee and assist in the receiving of inbound freight into inventory and placing it in directed location.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems including motivation, work methods and customer service issues.
- Enforce existing safety rules and regulations and search for ways to improve general safety throughout the facility.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
- Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Physically able to use dollies, handtrucks and accessories, pallet jacks, wrapping machinery, etc.
- General computer skills including the use for RF Scanners, Inventory, and HR software.
- 6-12 months supervisory experience preferred.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Quarterly Company Performance Bonus
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Training and Development
Palmer-Donavin is a leader in the wholesale distribution of residential building supplies. Employee-owned and operated, our mission is to create value for all stakeholders through innovation, performance, and integrity. We are headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with branch operations in Cincinnati, Delphos, and North Jackson.
Palmer-Donavin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place, a policy which prohibits the use, possession, and/or distribution of medical marijuana in the workplace.